Devoted Fans Network Forums Gallery DFN Network Sites DFN Social Media
Devoted Fans Network News

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Past Television

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

Thanked 4,833 Times in 2,001 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Cult (The CW)

TheCW has picked up its first pilot order for the upcoming TV season. It's a project from sci-fi series Farscape creator Rockne S. O’Bannon which was originally developed for TheWB back in 2005 but because of the merge between UPN/WB it didn't go further. Here is the full report from Deadline.

Quote:
It centers on an inquisitive, young female production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult who, after a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, joins a journalist blogger in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. [...] If picked up to series, Cult may air as a limited-run 13-episode per season, [...] O’Bannon originally set up Cult at the CW predecessor the WB in 2005, also through WBTV. In that incarnation, the project centered around two brothers, one of whom is involved in the fan community of a fictional TV series called Cult. When he goes missing, his brother begins to investigate his disappearance and discovers that it may have something to do with the fandom of the show. [...] White Collar star Matthew Bomer was cast as the lead.
I think the project sounds interesting and I'm wondering what kind of things they will adapt from the original pilot script. You can clearly see Ostroff is gone and I'm not complaining.