Devoted Fans Network Forums Gallery DFN Network Sites DFN Social Media
Devoted Fans Network News

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Past Television

Old 01-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,001 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Cult (The CW)

TheCW has picked up its first pilot order for the upcoming TV season. It's a project from sci-fi series Farscape creator Rockne S. O’Bannon which was originally developed for TheWB back in 2005 but because of the merge between UPN/WB it didn't go further. Here is the full report from Deadline.

Quote:
It centers on an inquisitive, young female production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult who, after a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, joins a journalist blogger in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. [...] If picked up to series, Cult may air as a limited-run 13-episode per season, [...] O’Bannon originally set up Cult at the CW predecessor the WB in 2005, also through WBTV. In that incarnation, the project centered around two brothers, one of whom is involved in the fan community of a fictional TV series called Cult. When he goes missing, his brother begins to investigate his disappearance and discovers that it may have something to do with the fandom of the show. [...] White Collar star Matthew Bomer was cast as the lead.
I think the project sounds interesting and I'm wondering what kind of things they will adapt from the original pilot script. You can clearly see Ostroff is gone and I'm not complaining.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
JenR
JenR
has no status.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Bored

‘Vampire Diaries’ Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot ‘Cult’ not happy about this. love him on TVD

captain swan shipper
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

Actually I'm happy about this because I really like him on The Vampire Diaries. In the article it also said he still will be on The Vampire Diaries even if the pilot gets picked up as series. He won't be a regular anymore but a "normal" guest star.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
JenR
JenR
has no status.
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone25 View Post
Actually I'm happy about this because I really like him on The Vampire Diaries. In the article it also said he still will be on The Vampire Diaries even if the pilot gets picked up as series. He won't be a regular anymore but a "normal" guest star.
yeah i read that too. guess its better than nothing. but i dont want him to leave the show.

captain swan shipper
Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

It got picked up by theCW. I'm looking forward to this series.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
JenR
JenR
has no status.
Devoted Member

Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton has learned to laugh off his brother Nate's relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate's paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV show "Cult" and its rabid fans. The only person who seems willing to help Jeff with his investigation is Skye, a young research assistant for "Cult," who has also started to grow suspicious of the increasingly dark happenings surrounding the show. The fictitious show, centered on the cat-and-mouse game between charismatic cult leader Billy Grimm and LAPD detective Kelly Collins, has become an obsession for its viewers – and now some of its devotees seem to be taking their fixation to deadly extremes in the real world. As Jeff and Skye dig deeper into the fan world, they discover that the gruesome plot twists on television are much more than fantasy for some very unfortunate people. The hardcore fans of "Cult" would kill to see what happens next…

The series stars Matt Davis ("The Vampire Diaries") as Jeff Sefton, Jessica Lucas ("Melrose Place," "Cloverfield") as Skye Yarrow, Alona Tal ("Supernatural," "The Killing") as Kelly Collins and Robert Knepper ( "Prison Break," "Shameless") as Billy Grimm.

CULT is from Fake Empire and Rockne S. O'Bannon Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Rockne S. O'Bannon ("Farscape," "V"), Josh Schwartz ("Chuck," "Gossip Girl"), Stephanie Savage ("Hart of Dixie," "Gossip Girl"), Len Goldstein ("Hart of Dixie") and Jason Ensler ("Franklin & Bash," "Hart of Dixie"). The pilot was directed by Jason Ensler and written by Rockne S. O’Bannon.

captain swan shipper
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
JenR
JenR
has no status.
Devoted Member

E! interviews Matt Davis About Cult

captain swan shipper
Old 05-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

There is a trailer

Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
JenR
JenR
has no status.
Devoted Member

Matt Davis Previews Cult and the Differences Between His New Character and Vampire Diaries’ Alaric — Exclusive

captain swan shipper
Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
JenR
JenR
has no status.
Devoted Member

I hear great things about the Cult. Is this going to hurt Matt Davis’ chances of coming back to TVD? Also, a little something on Cult would be nice, too. THNX Sandra! — Mandy
Let’s just say I’m sure Alaric will be back one way or another. How do I know? That’s what Davis told me when we met up and chatted about the second part of your query: CW’s midseason drama Cult. The show, from Farscape creator Rockne O’Bannon, is similar in tone to classic thrillers like Se7en and Silence of the Lambs, according to co-star Jessica Lucas, and will follow her and Davis’ characters as they’re pulled deep into world of a television show with a cult following. (Prison Break’s Robert Knepper plays a “Charles Manson-like character” who helms the show within the show.) “I think people will see it as a departure from what you expect from the CW,” says Davis. “It’s very dark; it’s very smart. It’s very complicated. There are a lot of layers working.”

SOURCE

captain swan shipper