Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Movies

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #91
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!

My Mood: Cool

That's cool . My loved ones have their own personal favorites too from the team. I love all the Avengers for different reasons, but my top two are The Hulk and Captain America .

Btw, since DisneyXD will be starting the Marvel Block tomorrow morning, there has been quite a bit of discussion about comics, and other Marvel-related things I decided to put Kal's recent Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes post in the new Marvel General Discussion thread HERE on the Marvel Movies board. That way we can talk about anything Marvel related, and talk about the newest cartoon episodes .

arts: Myself/Tumblr

Last edited by Summers; 03-31-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #92
Santiago
Santiago
has no status.

This would be the greatest movie of all time if Spidy was in it.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #93
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

It would have been awesome *nods*. Too bad Spider-Man's movie rights are with Sony.

They aired a wicked new tv spot at Nick's Kids Choice Awards tonight . Since it's a kids awards show the promo is kids-orientated, however; the new footage is freakin' AWESOME!!

Kids' Choice Awards TV Spot w/ New Footage (Updated HQ)

My younger sisters and I were so geeking out when we saw it lol. I love the dialogue, Cap's grin, and showing Bruce Banner transformation into The Hulk. I can't wait to see the full Hulk transformation on the big screen!! . I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but I love Hawkeye's mechanized quiver.

ETA: They showed this adoreable commerical during the Kids' Choice Awards. It's just too cute not to post .

Target's Litte Avengers

It's like a live action version of Marvel's Superhero Squad hehe.

Last edited by Summers; 04-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #94
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.

My Mood: Relaxed

The kids one was just too funny - it was really well done!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #95
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Yea, it's just too cute and really well done.

Artwork Banner

I don't know if the banner above is merely fanart, official, or if it came from an Avengers merchanise. I just know it is most excellent .

"Every Team Needs a Captain" TV Spot (LQ)

Nice!! I would love to see it in HQ *nods*.

ETA: Thanks to SuperHeroHype here are some new behind the scene stills:

New Behind the Scenes Stills (click to enlarge)

I love the pictures of Hawkeye, Cap, and Black Widow together, and Tom and Chris sharing a laugh on the set.

ETA2: Since we have about a month left to go to the movie's release set reports were released today. Here is the set report from SuperHeroHype:

Quote:
From the Avengers Set: Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans

Obviously, the interview everyone was looking forward to while visiting the set was our chance to talk with Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) and Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America). The reporters in attendance had a lot of questions for both of them, especially after watching them film the quizzical dialogue scene (described in the main set visit).

Q: In your own words, can you talk about the story and what this film's about?
Chris Evans: Sure, it's about these superheroes coming together. It's the initial formation of the Avengers. I think … (asking Downey, Jr.) we're allowed to talk about this?

Q: We talked to Tom [Hiddleston] the other day.
Evans: Okay, so Loki's in it!
Downey: He's dating a cellist. She's from Asgard.
Evans: He's our threat.
Downey: Here's what I think it's about. I remember at Comic-Con a season or two ago, there was all this promise of… this is hugely ambitious. DC has tried to do this before and Marvel kinda said we're going to do it and formulated a way to do it correctly. Which is where J-Dub [Downey’s pet name for Joss Whedon] came in heavily. What it is, it's just a really good story that could've been done a hundred ways wrong and don't act surprised at how unpredictable it is.

Q: We've seen Tony Stark in California for so long, so does the movie get into how things have shifted to New York?
Evans: It takes place in New York pretty much.
Downey: Which means Tony has some project there.

Q: Yesterday we were talking with Chris Hemsworth about how some characters might not exactly get along with other characters. Can you talk about who Cap and Tony both align and clash with?
Downey: Yeah. Speaking like Tony now: "I just don't like big guys who speak cryptically and act like they understand the language better than me, guys with trippy brothers and all that stuff." Whereas we [Cap and Tony] have something that is multi-faceted.
Evans: It's layered.
Downey: Why is it layered?
Evans: It's got depth.
Downey: Where does the depth come from?
Evans: Well, I think they're heroes in their own right. Tony's a little more flash and he's got charisma and likes the spotlight where I think Cap might be a little more reserved in his desire to be front and center. But they're both, at their core, heroes. Even though Tony is kinda flash and hot sh*t, he's still a hero. He's still a good man. It just takes the duration of the film to see eye-to-eye and see that in one another.

Q: Who would you say is the heart of the team?
Evans: I was really going to say (points to Downey)…
Downey: I told them to write it that way.
Evans: I think without Tony we don't work. He really is the glue in the family. He really is the fire that keeps you coming back. I think at least for this movie, Cap is struggling to find his footing in a modern day. He's a fish out of water. A little more uncomfortable in his own skin than he normally might be, and he's not hitting the ground running. Without the charisma and leadership that Tony Stark brings…
Downey: Well… maybe you're right. (Laughs) I think that's the other thing too. I think Joss and Kevin [Feige] and the other creative team has been able to do, is that nothing is definite. I remember one of my earliest concerns was, haven't we done this group of superheroes together but it's a dysfunctional family thing before? And it's transcended that in a bunch of ways. Obviously, there's only one person whose name is Captain and if you have a squad of people, there's a time when his prowess in things that have to do with actual strategy and military stuff… I mean, this is essentially a war we're trying to avert. So that's really valuable.

Q: How does Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye fit into the dynamic? It seems like he's more of a company man.
Downey: Well, he's a S.H.I.E.L.D. guy but he has his own arc in this and, not to give it away, he's largely doing his own thing. There's a lot of stuff going on and it all makes sense and then once in a while, we all are together in one place. If it all makes sense so that when we're all together in one place you go, "How did that happen? They just did a photoshoot in the middle of the movie…" But somehow it all does.

Q: Chris, can you talk about playing Cap again when no one has even seen the first movie so you have no feedback?
Evans: Yeah, I don't know what to do to make it better. It's tricky, it's true. You'd love to get some feedback and see what works and what didn't.
Downey: It's good for your humility.
Evans: It is, trust me. Every day. It's tricky… I can't think of a clever analogy. Joss? (laughs)
Downey: "I have three pages and they all seem to fit into the flow of this conversation…" Great, you f*cking right it…

Q: Tony's past is connected to Cap in some ways. Does that dynamic play out in the film?
Downey: Could you imagine if you met your long-lost brother that was, at one time, your Dad's favorite and all the sudden you sit down together? And he doesn't really want to hang out but there's business?
Evans: There's a lot of meat on the bone there. A lot to chew on. And hopefully it's enough to last, even into sequels. It's a complex thing. There's a lot of layers to it.

Q: In the comics, they sometimes figure out a way to mellow the Hulk out.
Evans: You'll have to wait and see…
Downey: But I think Ruffalo was really the right guy at the right time. To me, The Hulk, of all the Marvel characters, has been the toughest nut to crack for some reason. Maybe it's because of the TV show and people are like, "They got it right." But if you go back and look, I was crazy about that series. And it has merit. But what the creative team but what Joss and Mark largely did was bring something that felt new but was also much more interesting.

Q: What's it like for Captain America to wake up in modern day?
Evans: That's one piece of the puzzle. Waking up and the evolutions in technology and stuff like that. There's stuff like cell phones and internet and computers. That's one piece of it, but the real thing he struggles with are the changes in society. Morals and values and the way people interact. Those are the things that really matter. I think that's why he struggles with Tony at first, because Tony is the epitome of modern - flash and current and hip and now. Cap is kinda stuck in his old mentality and his old way. Even the jet and all the technology of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Tony's suit, that does blow his mind but the thing that he's really at odds with is the way people interact and the current state of things.
You can read the rest of Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr.'s set interview HERE.

Quote:
From the Avengers Set: Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson

Apparently, the interview with Robert Downey and Chris Evans wasn't going to be the most fun we would have as we continued Day 2 off to one side of the enormous green screen New York City set inside the railyard and we spoke with Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson, playing two characters who have been intrinsically linked since their introduction in the Iron Man stories of "Tales of Suspense" back in 1964. The two actors had clearly been spending a lot of time together and they had a fun rapport that carried into the interview.

Q: You each appeared in previous Marvel movies but how much time has passed? I assume since you're both agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., you already know each other, but how much time has passed and is there anything in this movie where we see the two of you meeting for the first time?
Renner: I can tell you this. There are so many characters in this movie, as you know, that it can't really go too much backstories of characters. We're telling a massive story here with a lot of characters in it, so the time is spent on all of us, I guess, saving things (laughs)…
Johansson: But that's never been established. We've obviously known each other for a long time. We have a very rich history, the two characters, with one another, but as far as the timeline, I think it's pretty much the time that has passed since "Iron Man 2" came out, I think a couple years, but since we've seen each other, we've been working together the whole time.

Q: Is this the romance in the movie?
Johansson: There's no time for romance. We have sh*t to avenge. (Laughter)

Q: You said there's a rich history, but what is the nature of the relationship? What is the back and forth between them?
Renner: They fought a lot together.
Johansson: We've fought a lot together.
Renner: They've done a lot of missions together and they fight well together, and so you definitely get a sense that they've seen a lot of sh*t together, and they compliment each other.

Q: So are they paired for most of the movie, your characters?Johansson: We're all kind of paired together in different ways.
Renner: Yeah.
Johansson: But our fighting styles are not similar but they definitely compliment one another. Both of us fight hand-to-hand and we're just humans with no abilities.
Renner: Yeah, we're humans.
Johansson: But we're fighting in a different way than everybody else. We do a lot of fighting on the ground.

Q: We talked to Robert and he said that Hawkeye likes to do things on his own, he's his own guy, kind of like a rogue agent a little bit. Can you describe that aspect of the character and how that plays out in the movie?
Renner: Yeah, that kind of plays into being a sniper in general. That's sort of philosophy of snipers that I hang out on rooftops and trees and things like that by themselves, and don't really kind of work with anybody else. So that just kind of… even in military, it's the same sort of thing, so I think it just plays into his character and being a rogue agent.

Q: One thing that's interesting about your characters is that neither of you have superpowers, just abilities and skills, and you're basically on a team with a giant green monster, a God, so how do you interact with them? Do they look down on you guys cause you don't have powers or are you able to step up and stand up to them in fights?
Renner: Well, yeah, initially I thought that it was going to be weird, but then I found out a lot more about… for me, for Hawkeye, I'm like, "What's a bow and arrow going to do against the Hulk?" Actually, I have specialized things that I can't tell you anything really about, but I can put him down so (laughs) it's pretty cool. Yeah, all we are is humans with high skill sets, and I think what makes all characters interesting is that they all have weaknesses. That's what makes them human in that regard. What's Tony Stark without his suit?
You can read the rest of Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson's interview HERE

Quote:
From the Avengers Set: Mark Ruffalo

One of the very last interviews of our two days on the set of Marvel's The Avengers was with the newest member of the Marvel Movie Universe, Mark Ruffalo. Even this close to the movie's release, there's still quite a bit of curiosity about how Ruffalo will portray the duality of Banner and the Hulk.

Unlike the other Avengers before their respective solo movies, Ruffalo is playing the one character that's already been depicted in two other successful movies as well as a popular television show by three other actors.

While we may not have gotten an answer to every question some might have in this group interview, we did get a very clear idea how serious and passionate Ruffalo is about the role. He also was the one member of the cast who shared the most information about the story and the involvement of both Bruce Banner and the Hulk with the individual Avengers and the group as a whole.

Q: Where is Banner's mental state when we pick this up? In the last movie, he was really miserable.
Ruffalo: Yeah, it's hard to watch a movie with a guy who doesn't want to be there. I think Banner's aging and living with this thing since now it's been two years since his last "one.” We're kind of going for this world-weariness of accepting and trying to get to the point where he can live with it, and maybe master it. Come to peace with it. There's this nice kind of ironic ryness to Banner. He's not sulking and miserable. We had talked about it being a throwback to Bill Bixby, which was the Banner that I grew up on basically. He had kind of a charm about it him, and this world-weariness. He was on the run, but he was still able to flirt sometimes and smile sometimes, and occasionally he'd crack a joke. When you have a movie where there's so many characters you end up getting about 10 minutes screen time with your particular character. So in the screen time that we have we're trying to bring out this charm in him, and maybe this idea that he wants to be a superhero. I mean, he looks at Stark and he's like, that's the dude who did what I was intending to do. He's the model. He made it work. So Banner and Stark have a very cool relationship in the movie.

Q: What about the scenes without the mo-cap? Are there scenes where they're trying to use Banner for his scientific skills?
Ruffalo: Oh yeah , there's a lot of that. He ends up being an intricate component to the first part of the movie. They aren't really after him necessarily to be the Hulk. They're really after him for his gamma expertise. So there's a big portion of the movie where he's doing a lot of that--helping them kind of crack this riddle.

Q: Does your version of the Hulk talk?
Ruffalo: He does.

Q: Is it like "Hulk Smash" or is it sentences?
Ruffalo: Um … is it a sentence? I don't think it qualifies as a sentence. It doesn't have all the components.

Q: In some versions of the comic, the Hulk has the brains of Bruce Banner rather than being a savage so has anyone at S.H.I.E.L.D. figured out how to do that yet?
Ruffalo: He hasn't graduated to that yet, but hopefully he might be on the way to that. I don't know where it's gonna go after this, but I feel like we're trying to open the door to integration of the two. I like it as the guy who tried to break a bucking Bronco. He has some tiny little semblance of control of it, but then again it's completely out of control. That's what the last one left off, I felt like.

Q: Is the dialogue very fast paced?
Ruffalo: Um, it's fast paced, but it has that Joss Whedon kind of interesting inner characters. Ya know Banner - he has so much inner conflict; it's a lot of that kind of stuff. It's not like that 30s rat-tat-tat-tat, you know. He's got some very cool stuff that's picked up from some of the later comic books.

Q: Did you do any physical training for the role?
Ruffalo: I did, I went to the gym, but they distinctly told me they did not want me to be ripped up. But I lost 16 pounds. They wanted him to be thin, but still within Bill Bixby's everyman Hulk.

Q: Have there been any encounters with the other Hulks, like Ed Norton or Lou Ferrigno, or are there plans to get together?
Ruffalo: I actually called Ed because I'm friends with Ed and wanted it to be copasetic. I didn't want to step on his feet. He bequeathed it to me, and we had a joke that it's our generation's Hamlet. We're all gonna get a crack at it.
You can read the rest of Mark Ruffalo's set interview HERE

I'm really looking forward Steve Rogers journey, and how he interacts with Tony Stark. So Hawkeye has his own subplot...intriguing...I can't wait to see Hawkeye and Black Widow show even more of their expertise in the movie. I'm really looking forward to Mark Ruffalo and Joss Whedon's interpretation of the Hulk. I still that use a lot of their interpretation from the classic The Incredible Hulk tv series and comics.

ETA3: SuperHeroHype Set Interviews Continues...

Quote:
From the Avengers Set: Kevin Feige

It was Day 1 and we already had spoken with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, and then it was time to get the Big Kahuna, Marvel Studios' President of Production Kevin Feige, because if anyone would be able to give us the skinny on the studios' biggest movie to date, it would be the guy who had been building up to the release of this movie for over five years.

Unfortunately, some of the stuff we discussed with Feige (like last year's Comic-Con) became outdated in the time since we did this group interview, but here's some of Feige's thoughts about the logic that went into making the Marvel movie everyone has been waiting for since Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury showed up in that last scene in Iron Man.

Q: How much time has passed from the last time we saw Nick Fury where he's at the point where he can bring them together and try to create a team?
Feige: Well, again, that's sorta what the movie's about. It takes a while over the course of the movie for that to happen. If you're asking how much time happened, it's not definitive how much time has elapsed since "Iron Man 2" or since "Thor" or since "Cap," but we're saying it's probably six months to a year.

Q: So it's going to be showing them assemble?
Feige: Absolutely.

Q: Will the events of "The Avengers" have a trickle down effect for any future stand-alone movies? Or do you view this as just like in the comics, where there was just an issue that could happen on its own and not really affect larger comic series?
Feige: It's definitely the latter. We're looking to replicate that experience that a comic reader had, who loved reading his "Thor" issues and loved reading his "Cap" issues and loved reading his "Iron Man" issues and they always had their favorites and would argue about who's better and who would win in a fight and occasionally they would get together for an uber-event and then after that uber-event would go back into their own comic stories. So the story that Shane is developing now on "Iron Man 3," while it does not avoid any references to "The Avengers," is very much Tony is back in his world with his players dealing with his issues and is not going to pick up the phone and call Thor or Captain America or anything like that, necessarily. It's not that won't happen down the line. It could. But particularly with "Iron Man 3," year after "The Avengers," it's more about getting Tony back into his world.

Q: After "Avengers" is out and you get to something like "Iron Man 3" or "Thor 2," does this mean we'll be seeing S.H.I.E.L.D. more, since the general public is going to know what S.H.I.E.L.D. is and you're not going to have to set it up as much?
Feige: Well, I think that the good news is that it's a tool in the toolbox. If screenwriters want it to have a purpose to serve... Frankly, I think S.H.I.E.L.D. would be most relevant in a Cap sequel, because Thor has nine worlds to traverse and many, many supporting players and Iron Man has his supporting cast and many villains and plotlines to go through and Steve in the modern world sorta doesn't have an anchor and the anchor we're establishing in this one is S.H.I.E.L.D.. It's early days on "Cap 2," nobody's counting those chickens yet, but maybe there's some connection there.

Q: Going back to "Avengers," how are you dealing with the Bruce Banner situation? You've had two movies with two Bruce Banners, and now you have a third actor. Are you hoping "Avengers" might lead to Mark playing Bruce Banner is a new "Hulk" movie? Or do you feel like that's been done?
Feige: Well, it's certainly been done already, but you wouldn't rule anything out and the deal we have with Mark certainly takes that into consideration. Joss' goal in this movie is to make the most beloved Bruce Banner since Bill Bixby and sort of unabashedly trying to achieve that. He's shot a number of scenes in this movie, including the scene that is his introduction into the movie, and we've seen it cut together and damned if it doesn't come close to doing that. You really feel for this guy. I don't know if you guys are going to see him while you're here, but he's just a tremendous guy, an great guy, and when you see the design of the character and how it relates to his facial structure and, for the first time, his performance, I think we're going to find a Banner and a Hulk combination that we haven't seen before. And, frankly, even more than Bixby and Ferrigno, because hopefully we're utilizing the technology as such that you can still see and feel Ruffalo in the creature.

Q: Can we talk about Hawkeye? If you talk to anybody who's read the comic books, Hawkeye is really the core and the heart of the team. In this case, he's coming into it off of one scene in "Thor." He doesn't have any powers, he can just shoot an arrow, so how does he play into this situation where he's with all these characters who have powers (and been in previous movies)?
Feige: Well, everyone gets an introduction into this movie as if they've never been in any other movie before. That is the way the movie is. This is a "Part 1." This has been a rallying cry and one of the reasons we wanted Joss to come on board, is because he understood the characters and he understood the importance of the fact that... And frankly, he was not interested in doing a half-"Iron Man 3," half-"Thor 2," half-"Captain America 2," half-"Hulk Whatever." He was interested in doing "The Avengers: Part 1." So from the very first frame of the movie, this is "Avengers: Part 1," so all of the characters are introduced to the audience as if you've never seen them before. I guess we have the most leeway with Tony Stark who enters the movie, you could argue, like the celebrity that he is within that world, but also like the celebrity that he is to the moviegoing public as well. Other than that, they're all new characters coming into the story at certain points, and Hawkeye in the same way, right from the very open.

Q: And how do the Skrulls factor into the film?
Feige: The Skrulls are not in the film.

Q: Is there a romance in this film or is it just all bromance?
Feige: Well there's a lot of bromance going on, but Scarlett is in there, Maria's in there. There is less of a love story in this movie than there have been in any of our other movies, yeah.

Q: Are there any casualties in the movie?
Feige: Even if there were I certainly wouldn't tell you. Frankly, it's something I felt is important in movies, to get those kinds of stakes and consequences whether it's death or injury or whatever it is. There will be long-term consequences as a result of this movie, so it feels real. So it feels, like you know, I think that is – that's important. You know we've come close in a few of the movies to doing things like that and haven't necessarily and I think it's important to.

Q: So "Avengers 2" is 2015? If we're piecing together the last five minutes of this conversation. I mean, is there a framework, you call it "Avengers, Part I" is there a framework you feel that you guys want to turn it to maybe a trilogy or…?
Feige: It's like managing any franchise. Two to three years usually is what makes the most sense. Depending what happens, it can be four years, but two to three years.

Q: So the ABC Hulk would be a different thing? What's the thinking behind that?
Feige: The thinking behind it is there's enough going on with all the movies that we're developing. That "Hulk" series is sort of designed to be focusing on a different part of Banner's life and Banner's sort of journey. I don't want to call Sam everyday and go, "And so Mr. Jackson, would you mind going down ...?" I got to do this in movies.
You can read the rest of Kevin Feige's set interview HERE

Quote:
From the Avengers Set: Director Joss Whedon

It wouldn't be until near the end of our second day on set when we'd have a chance to talk to Joss Whedon, who somehow convinced Marvel Studios to direct the most important movie of their short history with Marvel's The Avengers, despite having only directed one previous movie, 2005's Serenity. Before that, Whedon had pioneered a number of television shows including the popular "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and the cult faves "Firefly" and "Dollhouse."

Obviously, the reporters on set were really anxious to talk to Joss and get his take on Marvel's supergroup, and by coincidence, the day of this set visit was also Joss's birthday so he joked about all the journalists bringing him electronic recorders and iPods as tribute before we all sung "Happy Birthday" to him.

Q: Even Downey has said there hasn't been much tinkering.
Whedon: There's not tinkering and then there's "not tinkering." (laughter) He'll have to say he had an inflection. Yeah, everybody seems to be on board. I'm still working on it; I hope to finish it sometime before the DVD release. (Laughs) It's been very fluid, but it always is with a movie anyway and especially a movie where the perspective changes nine times every scene. I swore I would never make "Serenity" again and here I am.

Q: What's the most iconic moment for you personally in "The Avengers" comics and were you able to incorporate that into the script?
Whedon: The truly iconic stuff from the comics isn't really in the film. It's part of the grand Marvel tradition to steal from all of the comics and all the eras and Ultimates and for me the Avengers exist mostly in my heart because of the Jim Starlin "Avengers Annual" with Thanos and Warlock and the "Marvel Two-in-One" that followed it. That defined why I love the Avengers more than anything. Obviously that was a long time ago and Moondragon is not in the film. (laughter) But since then I think the most important stuff, Civil War, Ultimates… They've amped up the undercurrent of tension between The Avengers and that makes it really interesting to write, but when it comes to the iconic moments you sort of have to take all of those things and distill them the same way the costumers do and everybody… Distill them and then find your own. I mean ultimately for me the most iconic moment in the movie is "assuming they do," when they assemble.

Q: I would think Bruce Banner and The Hulk as the toughest part, because we've seen two other movies with two other actors playing him while the others have already played their characters. How have you been working on that and trying to develop your own Bruce Banner with Mark Ruffalo?
Whedon: Well I had a very clear conception of what I wanted Bruce Banner to be and part of that was Mark Ruffalo. I was like "I want somebody who just opens himself to an audience who can't help it and who just takes you along everywhere he goes." The other was Bill Bixby and that's something that Mark and I both talked about, it's like I felt that the performances in the other movies were very internal and the movies themselves lead to that, because they were all about Bruce Banner and all about this and… you know the TV show was "I have a problem and I help other people and I live with that problem" and so that's sort of the way I wanted to approach it and the way… Mark and I spent a lot of time in the very beginning talking about rage, how it feels, how it manifests, what causes it, what it feels like afterwards, just the nuts and bolts of the emotion itself, but in terms of the character it was very clear that we wanted to just have somebody who had gotten past where he was in those movies, so that when you meet him he is somebody who has internalized what went on in those movies to the extent that he's someone you like and are interested in. If you've seen those movies, this would be a natural next step. If you haven't, you'll get the guy and you'll get why he's a good guy.

Q: Is it true you pitched in on the dialogue for the "Captain America"?
Whedon: Yeah, I did. I did a dialogue polish which was really, really fun, because I got to write ‘40s dialogue. You know "Captain America" was a movie that just worked for me. The script was great, the structure… it's gorgeous, but they said "We think we can push it in certain places." I was like "sign me up." "What? I have to make ‘The Avengers'? No, it'll be fine."

Q: How much of your polish was you kind of prepping for "The Avengers" and specifically the Steve Rogers character? Were you building something in there that was going to lead into this?
Whedon: I didn't like sneak any particular "Avengers" Easter eggs in, but I did spend a lot of time with the character which for me was important, because Steve's perspective in this world is very much, as much as anybody's if not more, the audience's. He is looking at this world with fresh eyes and he is not impressed. His feeling of disconnection is something that's going to be laced throughout the film. It's a film about lonely people, because I'm making and my pony only does one trick. (Laughs) He's a classic man out of time in the very literal sense and so to have worked on his ‘40s incarnation, even a little bit, was a nice introduction and kept me grounded in his perspective.

Q: What about the Stan Lee cameo? How much fun did you have writing that?
Whedon: That was fun actually. I think you're going to see a side of Stan Lee you haven't seen before, a dark side… (Laughs)
You can read the rest of Joss Whedon's set interview HERE

ETA4:

Chris Hemsworth Set Interview confirms how Thor gets to Earth, and answers the question if Jane Foster is in the movie:

Quote:
Chris Hemsworth THE AVENGERS Set Visit Interview

During the wide ranging conversation, Hemsworth talked about where Thor is when the film begins, who he has the most scenes with, how the rest of The Avengers act around Thor and whether or not they’re intimidated, if he feels like The Avengers is a bigger movie than Thor, if Asgard plays a factor in the film, and so much more. Hit the jump to either read or listen to the interview.

As usual, I’m offering two ways to get the interview: you can either click here for the audio or the full transcript is below. The Avengers opens May 4.

Where is Thor when we pick him up here?
HEMSWORTH: We end Thor with him certainly matured from where he was in the beginning of the film and ready for that next stage of evolution of his character and journey. I am just now thinking, how much am I allowed to say?

PUBLICIST: We can give the general gist of how they got to come together in the movie.

HEMSWORTH: Thor is obviously here on earth now, because things are unsettled and … Am I allowed to talk about this? We could do this the whole time.

PUBLICIST: That’s fine.

HEMSWORTH: He’s returned because his brother is involved in the chaos that’s happening on Earth, so there is some family business to take care of.

Who do you play the majority of your scenes with?
HEMSWORTH: It’s been pretty mixed. I probably have some bigger, intimate moments with Tom [Hiddleston], but the rest of my stuff is certainly the group together and the first couple of weeks. That was heavily the case when we first started shooting. It was a trippy sort of set to walk on to—meeting these people for the first time in full costume, and Iron Man and Captain America and the whole deal. It was exciting.

Are they impressed by Thor?
HEMSWORTH: I think they are all sort of scratching their heads. There are certainly a few reactions of, “This guy thinks he’s a god? He’s got a cape.” And my reaction to that is, you are wearing a metal suit and you are wrapped in an American flag. I think we all have our odd opinions. Joss [Whedon] has said it before: they are all very lonely characters in a sense because they are… “outcasts” is probably the wrong word. But they’re certainly individuals. And because of that, I think they find, maybe, some comfort in that coming together. As hard as it is at first, they also probably feel at home in some way.

Are their love interests in this film? How much of your personal story in Thor carries over to The Avengers?
HEMSWORTH: Natalie [Portman] is not in the film, That is no secret. It’s definitely not a love story for Thor. I think it’s certainly taken care of, nicely, that story. There is a nice moment to it to sum up why that’s not his focus at the time.

Going back to Loki, are we going to see that same brotherly relationship that you guys had in Thor, or is it going to be more of a general relationship?
HEMSWORTH: No, it is definitely the brotherly stuff, which has been nice to play with. Thor has a different angle with this. There might be the attitude of, “Let’s just go in there and kill him or beat him up.” Whereas Thor is like, “Wait a second, I’ll do that. It’s my brother.” So there is an interesting dynamic with that. And you know we left Thor, the end of that film, with… Thor really felt upset that he was gone. He wasn’t like, “Yes! I was beating the bad guy.” It was mixed feelings. In the same sense that carries through to here. There’s a lot of questions unanswered for him, why, and how this happened, and what exactly went wrong. That’s been great to play with.

I have heard this described as Marvel’s disaster movie. I am wondering if you could talk a little bit about that.
HEMSWORTH: As in the world coming to an end? Sure, it is a huge scale of destruction and very negative outcome if the Avengers don’t succeed. So I understand that.

Do each of the heroes have their own character arc? A subplot in the movie?
HEMSWORTH: Yeah, I think they do. They certainly all have a strong motivation for what they want to achieve. You can’t have the same arc you have when it’s solely your movie, just because it would be a seven-hour film. But I think that’s why I am so impressed by what Joss did. He was able to give everyone a strong throughline and motivation for why they were there, and purpose.

Does Asgard play a factor in this film?
HEMSWORTH: It does, I guess. Without giving away what the story is. Well, I can say this, because the tag at the end was about the cube in Thor, too. So that obviously is going to play into this somehow. And that is an Asgardian, otherworldly energy source.

Is it explained how Thor gets back to Earth? Because at the end of the film he’s stuck.
HEMSWORTH: It is, yep. Rebuilt the bridge.

Tony Stark, and Captain America and the gang, do they believe that you are a god? Or is it more the Ultimate version of Thor?
HEMSWORTH: It’s a bit of both, I think. They start to see things and go, “I don’t know how many humans can fly.” But I think at first, their reaction is, “What is this? This is ridiculous.” But then again, they also know, that guy can turn green. There are bigger possibilities here.

Have you read any comics to get in to the role?
HEMSWORTH: Actually, funny enough, I read more of The Avengers, or my introduction to Avengers was when I was working on Cabin in the Woods with Joss. Because Joss and Drew Goddard, when I was auditioning, said “Read this.” They gave me Avengers comics randomly, which is so funny that’s come full circle.
You can read the rest of Chris Hemsworth's set interview HERE

So we finally got a confirmation that Jane Foster is not in The Avengers. Remember a lot of the supporting cast from nearly all Marvel Studios had an option to be in the film, but it was up to the storylines if they were needed or not. Nice to see one of our speculations panned out with the Rainbow Bridge being rebuilt .

"Choice" TV Spot (HQ)

Oooo....they showed a bit more of the Hulk transformation and smashing . You really get to hear Hulk's roar in this one, and it totally reminds me of the roar from the 1970's tv series .

ETA5:

Nick Fury & Agent Phil Coulson Poster

Last edited by Summers; 04-02-2012 at 10:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Summers For This Useful Post:
Majo (04-04-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #96
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

"Every Team Needs a Captain" TV Spot (UPDATED HQ)

I love this tv spot! You get to see the three-way forest fight a bit more between Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America

Majo (04-04-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #97
LuckySparks
LuckySparks
IS waiting for SV season ten.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Cheerful

The Count Down has begun! Facebook has this contest lucky me I live in Miami, if Avenger fans from Miami when the most facebook friends there will be a free showing of the Avengers on April 14!

avatar by mark93 and banner by Rob

LETS GO HEAT!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

I heard about the early screening contest, and the tickets are going fast. Did you get your tickets for it?

It's not going to happen in my area . So I'm going to be picking up my midnight (and hopefully Saturday) tickets this week.

New Close-Up Wallpaper

Clip 1: Black Widow Literally Puts Agent Coulson on Hold

The clip isn't too spoilerish, but it is obiviously from the beginning of the movie. I'll just say Black Widow's moves still don't disappoint .

Last edited by Summers; 04-04-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Majo (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #99
LuckySparks
LuckySparks
IS waiting for SV season ten.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Cheerful

Thank you Summer! Oh yeah, Black Widow kicking butt and taken names.

avatar by mark93 and banner by Rob

LETS GO HEAT!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #100
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

No prob . This one month wait is going to be killer lol.

Toy R Us' has devoted a part of their website to The Avengers. It includes pictures of the merchanise along with downloadable wallpapers and coloring pages. Here are the cool wallpapers below:

Toy R Us' Wallpaper

Quote:
Listen to Soundgarden's Full "Live to Rise" From Marvel's The Avengers

Last week, Marvel Music and Hollywood Records made the announcement that the upcoming album, "Avengers Assemble," would include, among its 14 tracks inspired by Marvel's The Avengers, the first new song from Soundgarden in 15 years. You can now listen to the song, titled "Live to Rise" in its entirety in the player below, courtesy of Soundcloud and 107.7 The End.

"We've been hard at work on our new album," said Soundgarden in last week's press release, "which will come out this Fall. When the opportunity arose to write an original song for 'Marvel's The Avengers' film came our way, we thought it could be a cool match. We are excited to release our new song 'Live To Rise,' which is also the only new song in the film."
Source: SuperHeroHype

You can listen to the full song "Live To Rise" by Soundgarden HERE.

Oooo....I love this rock song. It reminds me a little bit of Audioslave, Kansas, and AC/DC. Color me .

Last edited by Summers; 04-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summers For This Useful Post:
Deinha23 (04-05-2012), Majo (04-04-2012)
Closed Thread