Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Devoted Fans Forums > DFN Social Lounge

Old 03-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Kal-EL
Kal-EL
awaits The Return of THE DARK KNIGHT
The Caped Crusader

My Mood: Inspired
Default Marvel Fans

Just a Friendly reminder for those of you who have Disney XD tune in tomorrow morning for the Season 2 Premiere of Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes

"The Private War of Dr. Doom"
The Avengers and Fantastic Four are attacked by the forces of Doctor Doom, who have come to capture Wasp and the Invisible Woman. As the two teams fight to save New York from Doombots and rescue their teammates, they soon realize that there is more to Doom's attack than meets the eye, in the season two debut of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Here's a brief preview clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_i_WRT3fBg

Last edited by Summers; 03-31-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Kal-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!

My Mood: Cool
Default Marvel General Discussion Thread

Since a lot of the discussions in the Marvel Movies' threads have ranged from comics to cartoons I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to start this thread. It separates the news thread, and that way we can about talk about any Marvel movie/tv show, recent and old comics, animation tv shows/movies, general Marvel movies and merchanise. Basically anything Marvel related can go here .

Disney's XD will be starting their Marvel Block tomorrow morning with the series premiere of Ultimate Spider-Man and the season two premiere of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel Block Promo #1

Ultimate Spider-Man Trailer 1

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 2 Trailer

They released an episode still filled with Marvel cameos and perhaps what will come in the following season:

(click to enlarge)

From what I can tell we have: Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, War Machine, Winter Soldier (Bucky!!), Falcon, Yellow Jacket, The Fantastic Four, Vision, and Doc Samson.....

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
Just a Friendly reminder for those of you who have Disney XD tune in tomorrow morning for the Season 2 Premiere of Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes

"The Private War of Dr. Doom"
The Avengers and Fantastic Four are attacked by the forces of Doctor Doom, who have come to capture Wasp and the Invisible Woman. As the two teams fight to save New York from Doombots and rescue their teammates, they soon realize that there is more to Doom's attack than meets the eye, in the season two debut of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Thanks Kal . I can't wait until tomorrow morning , but I want to be spoiler-free so I'm not watching the sneak peek lol. The season premiere sounds great!! I'm glad we get to see more of the Fantastic Four, and introduction of Doctor Doom in this animated universe. I feel like such a little kid when the morning cartoons are on lol.

arts: Myself/Tumblr

Last edited by Summers; 04-01-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

My Ultimate Spider-Man Quickie Review

It's honestly hard to beat Spider-Man: The Animated Series or The Spectular Spider-Man. This show is a bit more younger kid-orientated compared to the previous tv series. So I had to get used to it after awhile, but a more I think about it the think it's a great way to re-introduce Spider-Man to the next generation.

Over the hour Ultimate Spider-Man really grew on me. So the tv series takes place one year after Peter Parker received his powers. I loved how they did his origin story in bits and pieces from Uncle Ben's death to trying out his powers. I really enjoyed the cutaway scenes with each characters' quick introduction and history with Peter. Mary Jane and Peter's backstory montage was great and quite funny . Aunt May was a hoot!! Plus I loved how Peter did a Zach Morris by breaking through the fourth wall lol.

Speaking of Mary Jane we didn't get a whole lot of her, but I do enjoy this interpretation of MJ going out for a job with the Daily Bugle and trying to get a Spider-Man story to land her the job. Mary Jane's subplot reminds me of Spider-Man comics origin story of Bluebird/Sally Avril who did a similar thing in the comics.

I really loved seeing Peter's interactions with the Osborns. Peter and Norman, of course, have no idea they are basically after each other which is of course iconically canon. Spider-Man's interaction with Nick Fury and Agent Coulson was great. My favorite interaction was when Spidey first meets Dr. Curt Conners who happens to be the man behind a lot of the Spider-Man technology. They do a great foreshadowing shout-out to what happens to Conners. I was rolling for a good minute lol.

I wasn't quite sure if I would like seeing Spider-Man working with a team similar to a classic animated tv series Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Yet, in the second episode I really started to love the idea. I loved Spidey's interaction with the Heroes For Hire. Plus they totally nailed a teenage Nova, Iron First, Luke Cage, and White Tiger. I really started to like the banter and support Spidey and the team gave one another. It's going to be funny seeing them all interact at school. The scenes where Peter and Flash Thompson interact were pretty amusing especially at the end of each episode lol. I love Stan Lee as the janitor at the school , and the reveal that Agent Coulson is the new principal lol. I thought the animation, voice work, and action sequences were pretty decent too.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes S2 Premiere Quickie Review

It's great to have this show back . You can tell there is a bit of improvement in the animation department. The action sequences were outstanding!! It was nice to see a full introduction of the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom on the show.

I loved how they set-up the interaction between Reed/Tony, Thing/Hulk, Sue/Wasp, and Johnny/Hawkeye. The duo set-up worked terrifically I couldn't help, but laugh at the constant Thing vs. Hulk banter. The interaction between the Fantastic Four and the Avengers was top notch . The animation of the Fantastic Four was terrific from Human Torch to Mr. Fantastic. Everyone was in character, and I was impressed at how well the creative team gave everybody the right amount of screentime.

It would give a casual, Marvel novice viewer enough information about why Victor and Reed just simply do not get along. I was really really impressed with how they did Doctor Doom. Doom's animation was fantastic, iconic canon, meancing, and was very much a badass. Talk about leaps and bounds from his cameos on the classic animated tv series Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends which were gawd awful.

I was kinda surprised no one noticed that Skrull!Cap didn't say one thing when the Avengers and the Fantastic Four were disputing what to do when Doctor Doom kidnapped the Invisible Woman and Wasp. Skrull!Cap just stood there watching them dispute. I gotta admit I felt kinda stupid not seeing the cliffhanger coming considering it comes from a Fantastic Four comic book arc . I won't say anything else because it is a spoiler for those who haven't seen the episode yet.

Overall, I really enjoyed the season premiere and I can't wait to watch the next episode .

Last edited by Summers; 04-01-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
LuckySparks
LuckySparks
IS waiting for SV season ten.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Cheerful

I loved the premiere of Ultimate Spiderman. Now see what I mean that Emma Stone would had made a better MJ than Gwen Stacy and I like the idea of her becoming a reporter is kinda like super models always dating rock stars! a reporters always catch the eye of a super hero.

Principal Coulson ooh boy, I didn't get to finish to see the end of the show down between the Avengers and Fantastic Four vs Doctor Doom.

The Marvel Mashup had me in stitches

avatar by mark93 and banner by Rob

LETS GO HEAT!!!
LuckySparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySparks View Post
I loved the premiere of Ultimate Spiderman.
Nice!! I love the little anime-ish Spider-Man throughout the episodes .

I loved it when the little Devil!Spider-Man and Angel!Spider-Man fought each other, and Spider-Man is all "okayyy" even though it's all in his head anyways lol.

Quote:
I didn't get to finish to see the end of the show down between the Avengers and Fantastic Four vs Doctor Doom.
You didn't?! It was fantastic!! I loved how they did the animation and action sequence of the Fantastic Four and Avengers vs. Doctor Doom. So you didn't see the cliffhanger ending either?

They haven't uploaded it on the official websites yet, but they are going to reair the episode again today. According to my Dish Network "The Private War of Dr. Doom" will reair 9:15 ET/6:15 PT.

Quote:
The Marvel Mashup had me in stitches
Those brought back memories too *nods*.

Last edited by Summers; 04-01-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Marvel released a clip for the next new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man:

Ultimate Spider-Man Ep. 3 "Doomed" - Clip 1

Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
LuckySparks
LuckySparks
IS waiting for SV season ten.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Cheerful

That clip had me it stitches, I can imagine Peter having to spend some time in California with Tony in his mansion, that kid would drive all those fancy cars around Malibu. Steve would ask for patience and probably had some advice on how to handle a bully like Flash Thompson, since he too was a victim of bullying, Thor wouldn't understand anything that came out of Peter's mouth and vice versa, as for with Bruce. Peter would give avoid him completely Black Widow would become his adult crush and he would totally hang with Hawkeye.

Now question is Agent Coulson voiced by the same actor? here is hoping Paramount can aquire Spiderman, so he could fully join his Avengers buddies in the live adapations.

avatar by mark93 and banner by Rob

LETS GO HEAT!!!

Last edited by LuckySparks; 04-04-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: malibu needed captial letter
LuckySparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySparks View Post
Now question is Agent Coulson voiced by the same actor?
Yup . It's Agent Coulson himself Clark Gregg .

Quote:
here is hoping Paramount can aquire Spiderman, so he could fully join his Avengers buddies in the live adapations.
Even though Paramount is involved with The Avengers it will be the last film with the Paramount-Marvel Studios partnership. 'Cause Marvel Entertainment is now a business asset of Disney.

In the world of animation there are different types of red tape and legalities involved compared to live action adaptations. Hopefully someday we will get to see it, but I don't see it happening as long as the Spider-Man movie rights belong to Sony *shrugs*.

Last edited by Summers; 04-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Kal-EL
Kal-EL
awaits The Return of THE DARK KNIGHT
The Caped Crusader

My Mood: Inspired

For anybody who loves Avengers: EMH, Spidey will be in episode 39 titled, "Along Came A Spider..." :spidey:

https://twitter.com/#!/yost/status/187693324629585921 :woot:

Also: Screencaps from the Wolverine episode and Hulk episode in a USM TV spot.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Thanks for the updates Kal . I'm looking forward to Spider-Man's appearance in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes along with Spidey's interaction with Wolverine and Hulk in Ultimate Spider-Man .

Marvel released a clip for the next new episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes:

Avengers: EMH Season 2 Ep. 2 "Alone Against A.I.M." Clip 1