Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,001 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Marvel's Mini Series (Netflix)

Variety.com reports there might be another comic book series coming to TV. It's Marvel's Alias. The report says the following:

Quote:
Rosenberg is the writer and exec producer on "AKA Jessica Jones," which is in development for fall 2011 at ABC. Although ABC is also in the early stages of an "Incredible Hulk" redux, the deal for "AKA Jessica Jones" is close enough (though not yet fully signed) that it will likely be Marvel Television's first official project for the Alphabet net.

"AKA Jessica Jones" will also mark the launch of Rosenberg's Tall Girls Prods. banner. The scribe, who's a former exec producer on "Dexter," is starting Tall Girls in order to create and produce projects featuring large, complex female roles.

"AKA Jessica Jones" definitely fits that bill. Part of Marvel's Max line of more mature comicbook titles, the character is a superhero ("Jewel") who winds up with post-traumatic stress disorder and gets out of that biz.

Jessica, now in her early 30s, decides to keep far away from others gifted with superpowers and to open her own detective agency. But once she settles down, she realizes she still has a drive to help people -- and finds herself assisting other superheroes.

Insiders said Rosenberg was drawn to Jessica Jones because the character is unlike most female leading roles on network TV: deeply flawed but with a biting sense of humor.

Besides Rosenberg, exec producers on "AKA Jessica Jones" include Marvel TV topper Jeph Loeb, Marvel Entertainment chief creative officer Joe Quesada and Marvel Worldwide's Alan Fine; 3 Arts Entertainment's Howard Klein ("Parks and Recreation") is also an exec producer.

Brian Michael Bendis, who created the character and the comicbook series on which the series is based (along with Michael Gaydos), is a consultant. Bendis and Gaydos' comicbook series, which launched in November 2001, was titled "Alias" -- but ABC obviously can't use that title, given the completely unrelated Jennifer Garner series of that name.

ABC Studios is behind the show, along with Marvel TV. ABC, ABC Studios and Marvel all declined comment on "AKA Jessica Jones."

[...] Rosenberg wrote the screenplays to "Twilight," "Twilight Saga: New Moon," "Twilight Saga: Eclipse" and the two upcoming "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" movies. In TV, Rosenberg was an exec producer on "Dexter," and also worked on series such as "Love Monkey," "The OC," "Ally McBeal" and "Party of Five."
Source: HERE
Old 10-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

There are still no real information about the series but Jeph Loeb mentioned it during an interview with MTV at New York Comi Con last week.
Quote:
[...]From the projects that we’ve already announced, and let’s talk specifically about AKA Jessica Jones, which is based on Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos’ graphic series Alias – and pretty obvious reasons why we can’t call the show "Alias" [...] Marvel is really about the stories of Peter Parker, and Bruce Banner, or Jessica Jones. These are – I’m hesitant to say the word, but – real people, with real problems whose power comes, to use the great expression, with great responsibility. [...] That's why we are invested in him or Bruce Banner or Jessica Jones... And in Television it's all about investing in the characters who you've invited in your home. It's a very intimate experience and we want to share the Marvel Universe with as wide an audience as possible.
Source
Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
DPReporter
DPReporter
is enjoying ONCE UPON A TIME and GRIMM.
Mesmerized by the DURANCE

Really hope, that they get this moving at some point. It seems like it's been on the backburner for an eternity.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

They haven't forgotten about it. From Loeb's words they aime to premiere the series next fall season along with Hulk. So we will see.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
DPReporter
DPReporter
is enjoying ONCE UPON A TIME and GRIMM.
Mesmerized by the DURANCE

Here's to hoping.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Tombstone25
Tombstone25
has no status.
Admin Power

There is some development. The series will be produced but instead of ABC it will be availiable on Netflix along with Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Daredevil! Here is the press release:
Quote:
Burbank, Calif. - Nov 7, 2013—The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel’s most popular characters exclusively to the world’s leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to aminiseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on “Daredevil,” followed by “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel’s “The Defenders” mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!

I'm really looking forward to these miniseries . I was hoping one of them would be Iron Fist and Daredevil, so color me happy .
when the sun shines out of your bum”
~ Amanda Tapping, University of Windsor Convocation Speech

arts: Myself/Tumblr
Summers is offline   Reply With Quote